Category Archives: Breads
Another tailgate dessert at a September game was PUMPKIN MUFFINS. These are so moist and will stay that way for about a week, even if frozen and defrosted.
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
I just heard about these 7-Up Biscuits yesterday and can’t wait to try them! Talk about E-A-S-Y !!
- 2 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 1/2 cup 7-Up or other lemon lime soda
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix and sour cream. Add the 7-Up and combine. The dough will be very tender.
- Sprinkle some additional baking mix on your working surface and shape dough into a 9 inch square.
- Cut dough into 9 squares. I like to use my pizza cutter to do this.
- Pour 2 of the Tbsp of melted butter into a 9 inch square baking dish. Be sure the butter coats the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden. Brush tops of biscuits with remaining melted butter. Serves 9
UPDATE: Just made these biscuits and they are delicious. A little gooey working with but worth it. Of course, I had to add jelly 🙂 Here they are. Served with cheesy scrambled eggs and Trader Joe’s Peach Salsa… yum (I know.. I’m odd)