Corn and Tomato Pie: Boyd Street Kitchen
When tomatoes and corn are in season, nothing could be better than mixing these two ingredients. Can’t wait to try the Corn and Tomato Pie recipe by ClosetCooking.
Corn and Tomato Pie
Servings: makes 6+ servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups corn, about 3 ears
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, about 4 medium, diced
- 4 strips bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked (optional)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pie crusts pastry or biscuit
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Mix the corn, tomatoes, bacon, mayo, green onions, basil, cheddar cheese and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Fit one of the pie crusts into a 9 inch pie plate, pour in the corn and tomato mixture and fit the remaining pie crust on top folding it over the edges of the bottom one and crimping to seal in the juices.
- Brush top of the pie with butter and cut 3-4 1-2 inch slits in the crust to let out the steam.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 30-40 minutes.
Posted on September 21, 2012, in Recipes, Vegetables and tagged corn pie, corn tomato pie, corn tomato pie with mayonaise, corn tomato with sour cream, tomato pie. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.